Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's a wonderful life

Over the past couple of years it's become more and more apparent how similar our lives are to George and Mary Bailey's lives from It's a Wonderful Life(I love this movie and the writing in it especially). Let me try to elaborate. George and Mary knew eachother from a young age....so did Daniel and I. I was a very sweet girl....sort of waiting for Daniel to come around....and so was Mary. When George and Mary finally got married they weren't very well off and lived in a shabby home.....Daniel and I lived in a 1-bedroom apartment even a year after having our first son Andrew(no idea how we made that work). The BIG similarity is that Daniel dreamed of getting out of this town...had every intention to and in the end here we are in the town we grew up in together. Part of that similarity....Daniel followed in his father's footsteps to work as an accounting professor at ISU.....just like George Bailey took over his father's job at the building and loan. Just like George Bailey learned that you don't have to do "Big" things to be happy we're finding we have a pretty sweet deal right here in our hometown. But, upon occasion(during the stressful moments) we find ourselves saying just like George Bailey "You call this a happy family?! Why did we have to have all these kids?!" ;) And then we laugh and realize things aren't so bad. How could they be when we get to see hairdos like this....


and carrot covered faces like this...

I love my kids and lately I've been thinking I can't believe how blessed I am to have such adorable babies...and oh yeah the other kids too ;) Right now the babies are in a standoff in their walkers....neither one willing to budge so the other can go about his way....or maybe being 6 month olds...they don't know how to budge....I'll stick with the first story. Ahhh I'm going to miss them when they're older....better get in all the hugs and kisses I can while they can't run away or look embarrassed.

2 comments:

The Nelsons said...

I always think of that movie when the piano is playing too loudly. :) What cute kids you have. I was just telling my mom this week how darling your kids are.

Heidi said...

I can't believe they're six months old already! Your kitchen looks gorgeous, or at least what I can see of it. And I agree--get those loves and kisses in while you can. Peter is eight and growing weary of it. It makes me sad.