Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas fun. We've been in Idaho Falls for the last 3 weeks enjoying our holiday with Daniel's family. It was a lot of fun and a very white Christmas....which I appreciate. A few highlights(meaning interesting things not necessarily good things) from break include....Daniel and I made a family game called the Ames Game which was essentially a toned down version of cranium which centered on family memories......we played it on Christmas....fun was had by all. Next, every member in the family got the stomach flu.....except ME.....over break....it seems as though it's not a family vacation unless at least one of us gets really sick.....but we're all better now and life goes on. We also played insane amounts of rockband II.....I'm not very good and it makes my eyes burn since I refuse to blink in order to become a rockband master.....but it's a lot of fun. Also, with the crazy amounts of snow....surprisingly I only got the car stuck like 3 times and once was in the neighbors yard...all I can say to that is...when it's white....it all looks the same to me...the road...the neighbors yard...whatever. There were so many more memories made this break but I'll end with this one. We got to spend some time at Daniel's sister Jessica's house in Provo( I miss Provo and the beautiful mountains). It was a great time ....we chatted lots and played games and talked Daniel's brother Tyler and his friend Jen into taking Andrew and Ashley to the world's largest Dinosaur exhibit/museum. All who know Andrew know....this was a blast for him. Tyler had an awesome time and so did Andrew and Ash. They got to see tons of dinosaur skeletons and even got to dig up dinosaurs like real paleontologists...sp? Great way to wrap our vacation. So all in we had a wonderful break and are so glad we got to spend it with Daniel's fam. That said....we're excited to have 2 more Christmases with my family over the next few weeks. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Here are a few pics from the dinosaur museum adventure.















No comments: